Agust is Hearing Health Awareness Month
South Bay Hearing is flying the flag for raising local awareness of healthy hearing.
Know the Signs
More than 466 million children and adults have disabling hearing impairment*, according to the World Health Organization, but nearly all hearing loss can be treated. One of the first steps is recognizing the potential signs. If you experience muffled speech sounds, difficulty hearing on the phone or in a crowd, trouble understanding women’s or children’s voices, or complaints from loved ones about your TV or radio volume, consider a professional hearing test.
- 48 million Americans have a significant hearing loss
- 1 out of 3 people over age 65 have some degree of hearing loss
- 2 out of 3 people over 75 have a hearing loss
- People with hearing loss wait an average of 7 years before seeking help
- 14% of those aged 45-64 have some type of hearing loss
- 15 million people in the United States with hearing loss avoid seeking help
If you are concerned about a friend or loved one with a hearing loss, then August is the month to start the conversation about healthy hearing. Schedule your complimentary hearing screening today by calling (310) 803-9496 to contact us today.
- *World Health Organization. Deafness and Hearing Loss. http://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/deafness-and-hearing-loss. Accessed April 25, 2018.