Dr. Ian Gerszewski joined South Bay Hearing in 2016, and brought with him a superior level of expertise and a unique approach to patient care. He uses a customized process to tailor solutions specific to each patient based on their lifestyle, needs, and goals, which makes him a top Torrance, CA, hearing doctor. He believes this approach leads to greater long-term success for his patients in the South Bay of Los Angeles and worldwide. Dr. Gerszewski is an esteemed addition to the South Bay Hearing team and one of the reasons they’ve been voted the Best Audiologists of the South Bay in the Daily Breeze Readers’ Poll for the last several years.
“It’s been a while, so I can’t remember when I realized I might have a hearing challenge, how I felt, or if I had a concern.
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Ian and decided to get my hearing aid from South Bay Hearing.
Life would be a lot different if I were unable to hear people talk and had to ask them to repeat what they said.
It is a good place and provides free batteries for three years, free cleaning, and yearly checkups.”
—Lurline Ikeda 10/10
Education & Accomplishments
- Bachelor of Science, University of Utah
- Doctor of Audiology degree (Au.D.), graduated top of his class
- Completed residency at the Ear, Nose and Throat Center of Utah
- Served on the board for the Student Academy of Audiology
- One of only four U.S. students invited to participate in the annual International Audiology Student Conference hosted by Oticon at the Eriksholm Research Center in Denmark
- Board-certified by the American Board of Audiology
- Served on the board of directors for Loop Utah – provided and advocated for assistive listening technology in the community
- Participated in the Starkey Hearing Foundation Mission to Lanzhou, China, in 2017 – provided the gift of sound to people in need
- 2021 recipient of South Bay’s Favorite Audiologist award
Away from the Office
When not improving his patients’ quality of life through hearing restoration, Dr. Ian enjoys traveling and spending time outdoors with his wife and three boys. Their favorite activities include hiking, riding dirt bikes, camping, rock climbing, swimming, and snorkeling.